How do we change the culture of mental health in the workplace?
Here are five things we know already…
- Directly or indirectly, 9 out of 10 people are affected by mental ill health.
- They can impact anyone, at any time and sometimes for no apparent reason.
- On average, poor mental health costs UK businesses £1,500+ per employee per year.
- There are still stigmas around mental health and we often discriminate against them, whether we mean to or not.
- It can change but too little is being done.
I’m Peter. I’m a professional in the field of mental health prevention. I want to explore five ways we can change the culture of the workplace.